Hi everybody, I'm new at this site. I'm not really happy with my body and I think i just need to lose some wight. I'm 17 years old, I wiegh 98 Kilos and I'm 6 ft 2" tall...I'm kind of busy, so I would like to know an easy diet that contains simple and easy to find foods. Also I could follow some effective home excercises. I would be very grateful and glad to recieve any help from anybody.

Celebrity
Hey Jonathan,

welcome to the site!

First of all... I think that you are not overweight at all and that your weight is still 'normal' but I do understand the part about not being satisfied with your body look.

First of all... get rid of all hidden calories. By hidden I mean calories in juices and sodas (and sodas are btw your worst enemy if you want to loose weight). Replace it with water - nothing else but water (and drink at least 2 liters daily - on days that you workout- when you sweat (or when it's hot) up to 3 liters.

Eat breakfast - it is really important to eat breakfast - best option (at least for me) are mussli - I mix them with banana (I hate the eating without - I simply have the way they taste... I must eat it with 1 banana..

When talking about fruit - it is best to eat fruit in the morning ... or till 12 o'clock.. because fruit contains lost of sugar which body stores as fat if you eat in the evening. You can also eat fruit approximately half hour before and half hour after training. This is the time your body can 'use' sugar for energy.

What to eat in the evening.... well.. first of all.. eat smaller portions in the evening and eat meat - lean chicken breasts or lean beef is a fine option. combine with lettuce, which is really low in calories; or only lettuce if you are not hungry...
Also, skip toppings when eating salads - they are fatty... Vinegar is fine or yogurt only as a topping is fine, but otherwise stay away from it...

Remember to eat 4-5 SMALLER meals - it is much better to eat more often and smaller portions than to sit down twice a day and eat 'absolutely' everything from the fridge...

About exercising...

You are absolutely right - you will succeed only if you combine proper diet with exercise. There is a newly open section here on SH with exercising videos, available on YouTube too. Here is a link if you want to check it out: https://www.steadyhealth.com/videos/
(if you want to check on abs exercises they are on the last page) - if you are a beginner - take your time - 3 months ago I was able to do about 100-150 sit ups (in one training - not one exercise) - now I am around 700 ;-)

However, if you want to loose weight you must do cardio - running, swimming, cycling... anything that gets your heart beating faster; when doing strenght training - and if you wan to develop muscles - perform less repetitions with more weight, or if you more repetions with less weight - this qualifies as cardio training too...

Just to let you know - there is no quick success - remember that!
I lost 5 kilos in last 2 months gradually... with proper nutrition (and I was never hungry) and daily exercising (aerobic and cardio/ strenght training).

I wish you all the best - I think your goal is not hard to achieve - the only thing you need is strong will and patience - but goal is achievable in about 2-3 months I think. You could drop 10 kilos in 1,5 month, but that would be heard core dieting and hard core workout.... I believe taking smaller steps is the safest ;-)

Good luck!
I am here if you need me... I hope this helped...

Hi there, I think that you're a ta pretty normal weight but if you want to help trim it up, the best thing I would recommend is doing some cardio. I think that's the best way to lose weight. As for how much you need to eat per day, I think that you should be around 2400 calories. I know that seems like a lot but you're tall, and you actually don't want to take in less than that. I'm tall too and I have to eat about 2700 calories per day just to maintain. But the cardio I think would help you out quite a bit with losing weight. I also think a lot of what Taya has posted would be helpful so I'd take a look at some of what she's posted. DOes this help at all?

Thank you bluedog and taya. That was really helpful and I really think I could achive something because of your help.

Celebrity
Awesome! I am sooo glad we could help! :-)

If you need anything... just ask!

And remember! Patience & endurance are your friends ;-) Don't give up if you do not see the results the first day!

Good luck!

That's true you should always be persistent and always think about the final effect, otherwise it will be very difficult to achieve your goals!