I have small white dots on my gums, upper and lower. They are the size of pencil dots or pepper, very small. I have had them almost two weeks. They almost rub off, but just some of the whiteness. they are mostly individual dots, except one area that has a congregation that looks like a unit, until i inspect closer. I usually have to shine a penlight on them to really notice them. These are new dots, not normal. I have recently used whitestrips, visted my boyfriend who was incarcerated (kissing) and been treated for a kidney infection with macrobid (and diflucan... antibiotics= yeast infection)... Lucky me. Anyways, all of these things happened concurrently, so i am freaking out wondering if this is herpes from kissing, thrush from the antibiotic, or a reaction to the whitening system. I have searched the internet but not found an answer. Please help me... what does this sound like? i don't have health insurance and the doctor says they don't do herpes testing and planned parenthood said they don't do above the waist unless its herpes or some std... I can't afford to go to both. PLEASE WHAT DOES THIS SOUND LIKE?

Well, herpes does show up on gums. If it is primary outbreak, they hurt quite a lot. The gums could also become red and swollen.
It could also be trush, but it looks more like a white coating then than bumps.

Another possible reason could be aphthous ulcers. They may be both painful and painless. Aphthous ulcers may be caused or triggered by toothpastes that contain sodium lauryl sulfate, emotional stress, allergies, nutritional deficiencies, mechanical trauma, certain medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or beta-blockers. There is no special testing to prove these ulcers but they could be easily distinguished by visual look.

I have the same dots on my gums, I think i HAVE BEEN HAVING THEM FOR 3 WEEKS, they don't hurt at all , and I am pretty sure at least mine is not Herpes. I am going to take some vitamines and change my tooth past, I brush my gum a lot, I havn't been taking any new drug or haven't eaten anything special although I have been stressed out.
Anyways I 'll waite a bit more and if they don't get better I 'll go to the doctor and let you know

I have the same thing, but i am worried because I dip(pack lips[chewing tobacco]) that it may be more serious like gum disease or cancer

I have the same dots too! i just started using a whitening booster so i think it might be that. it bubbles inbetween my teeth and stuff

Hi all.  I've been reading y'alls comments about tiny white spots on the gums and my daughter got some a few days ago.  I called her dentist and he suggested that she rinse 3 or 4 times a day with salt water and if that didn't help then I needed to bring her in.  That was 3 days ago and the spots are almost gone.  She's 12 and it's been hard to get her in the routine of rinsing with the salt water, but it's worth it.  I've used salt water rinses for lots of things in my life.  Just wanted to share.  Take care everyone!  katie

I think it's the whitening strips.. Mine just appeared now after just using a 30 min whitening treatment. I was freaking out too but I think that's it cause I felt pain after using mouthwash after the whitening

I agree. I think a lot of whitening systems contain hydrogen peroxide. I get the same dots when I use peroxide and baking soda to whiten my teeth. I only use it twice per week because I'm afraid of damaging my enamel. I use regular (non whitening) toothpaste and baking soda on a daily basis.

thanks
you
very
much

I had these when I used my crest white stripes. They went away.

I just went through several weeks of increasingly inflamed tender gums & lips, and lots of tiny white spots on my gums on one side below the tooth line. After research & ruling out, i finally pinned it to Crest toothpaste: i used Tom's for years and had recently switched -- to "tartar protection fresh mint gel"; that's when i first noticed a problem. Then i switched to Crest "tartar protection regular paste" and it was only getting worse. When i stopped using them altogether, my gums went back to normal.  Whew!

I dip as well, and have a little cluster in about a 50 cent piece size area, theyll come open and the little white thing will come out, but the little spot it came out of is like a little white circle, they hurt and are sore, but its not super bad. im also worried it might be something bad... ill try the salt water thing, but im waitin 2 weeks, if they dont go away im headin my assto the dentist.

I tried what you said and my gums went from sore to feeling normal almost instantly. Even one of the white spots seemed to recede or disappear altogether. Worked like magic!

Did it go away buddy?

Did your problem go away?