I would like to know if marijuana smoke negatively effects the skin in the same way as tobacco smoke. From what I gather, tobacco smoke ages the skin and contributes to an increase in wrinkles. Is this true for marijuana? If so, how many times per week do you have to smoke in order for it to start showing?

Or am I just being too paranoid? ;-)

Thank you!

Too much smoking of marijuana can lead to ageing of the skin. I have known people who are heavy users and are only 19 to look about 28

How many bowls per week would be considered too much? Just curious....

Yea i don't know about that bud! I'm 33 and I've been toking since 18 steady, the only thing I've noticed is the occasional bags under the eyes, but that has to do more with your diet of munchies...basically sodium, chips , sugar and that c**p, I look young but thats just the genes I have...weeds downfall is it makes you lazy, but other than that its the only substance I take now, it promotes hunger which in turn if you use this effectively you can munch on veggies and fruits drinking lots of juices and avoid sugar , no booze , no tobacco, eat healthy try not to smoke too many doobs, trying using the vaporizers more if you love your smoke, and you will be fine.
And one last thing watch out for bongs, better clean them or youll be coughing up the black res real soon

I will say yes. We know that high temperature dry cooking like frying, charring, BBQing, and baking leads to the formation of AGE's (advanced glycation end products) which binds to proteins which includes collagen. This is called Maillard browning. AGE's are present in cigarette smoke and since high temperatures are involved, smoking marijuana should have AGE's. Collagen and elastin is what gives your skin strength and elasticity.

Marijuana smoke does not cause cancer-- that's after a 30 year study. It may have anti-carcinogenic compounds...

So, for all we know, marijuana smoke could be good for your skin, not causing wrinkles, but minimizing them. We need more studies to learn about all this.

Im a heavy weed smoker in the Summer because I cant perform my best during the Fall & Spring sessions. Heavy as in 3-5 blunts/day. If I do this for a week the effects start to show. Skin looks noticeably different & not for good. Im black & have good genes in the skin dept, but if I smoke too much, it gets dry; pores become visible on my cheeks. Getting a good deep facial quickly restores the health, but you MUST have a good diet of plenty water and eat plenty greens (collard is the best) Salmon would d it too (or cod liver oil capsules) + exercise to keep that luster in your skin. If you dont already have good skin, and a consistent diet & cleansing regime, then yes you will look older in no time. I wish this wasn't the case b/c I do enjoy relaxing this way. The minute my skin start to dull, thats normally my exit que until the following Summer. I rather look good. Hope this helps.

I have been smoking heavily for 15 years. Almost every day. I find it helps slow down my thoughts. Well I am 37 and everyone says I look 25. Marijuana does not have the same complex synthetic chemical compound as Cigarettes do. Also there has never been one single case of anyone getting cancer from marijuana only. They would have to be smoking a mixture of marijuana and cigarettes or simply cigarettes to have anything occur. There needs to be waaaay more research obviously. 

This is purely anecdotal and could have something to do with their overall lifestyle but not the marijuana itself.

not nessasarily you can use vaperizers. burning weed crteates CO2 your breathing in if u use other forms of intake on it its not that bad but even if you smoke out of a bowl its not going to be a sugnifacent diffrence right away it would actully take a while for that to happen and even if it did it wouldnt be beacsue of the weed it would be because of the CO2

Not true, if you smoke cannabis you are smoking carcinogenics. When you burn ANYTHING it releases carcinogenics, campfires can cause cancer, but the difference is you do not inhale camp fire smoke.
Cannabis is only safe if you eat it or vaporize it.

buddy thats normal

You are so right. I know a set of twin brothers. One smoked pot since his teen years and the other only smoked a few times as a teen. Both are in their forties and the pot smoker looks 15 years older at least.

Hey everyone I believe it is in your genes truly. However, I have seen alot of older people who smoke and seem to be younger than their age number . We need to do studies

Who says vape is good? Thats equally just as bad or worse. People die from the wax from vaping. Do your research before telling people to smoke more of something that's gonna kill them..Neither one is better for you.