i have a sensation on the back of my throat when i swallow and when i look in the mirror i can see hardish yellow/white lumps on my tonsils when i touch them they are easily removed and they smell discusting then give another week or so they reappear

i have the same thing. i get them every few weeks. im getting my tonsills taken out to get rid of the problem

They're called tonsiliths, and I get them too. Pretty gross but normal. It means you have crypts or pockets in your tonsils where food and cells get caught and decay - hence the smell. Others have written about their symptoms here....

medhelp.org/forums/DentalHealth/messages/99.html

The only permanent solution is to get your tonsils out.

Hate to rain on your parade, but I had my tonsils out at age 6, and over 40 years later, I have tonsilliths quite regularly. It seems worse during allergy season. I found this site looking for a cure when the tonsillectomy DOESN'T eliminate the problem. Would love to hear any suggestions.

So what exactly is tonsilliths, mine are very hard to get out im only 25 and everybody that I talk to think im crazy (family) so what can you do to?

I'm surprised there is a name to this problem. I am 38years old and have had throat problems since I was a child. I get these tonsiliths every other day or 3rd day. I gargle with listerine, brush my tongue first before brushing my teeth but they manage to come out only in the morning. I literally want to vomit when they come out. It is disgusting and I hate it.
My throat specialist said that it is common and that many people get them. Taking my tonsils out wouldn't make a difference.