Hi, I have a twelve years old son. He has always been very physically active. It was always difficult for us to "slow" him down but we managed. We persuaded him to start training some kind of sport. Believe it or not, he wants to train wrestling. I have a problem with that. I am worried that he will get injured. Am I right?

Hi, you were right to convince your son to be active in sport. This is a very important phase of anybodies life. We are witnessing a global unhealthy living of the entire world population. This especially goes for children. It seams that TV screens and computers are all they care about. Of course, this has a huge impact on their health. Since you were successful in persuading your son to start to train some kind of sport, you should not worry. The thing that bothers you should not concern you at all. Wrestling sounds dangerous. But believe me that it is as safe as any other sport. Trainers are professionals that are there to make sure that nothing goes wrong. Possible injuries can happen, but rarely. Just like in every sport. So if wrestling is the sport your son prefers, let him have a go at it.

wrestling is actually a fairly safe sport. you are on the ground, so its not like if you fall then he will be hurt. they wear headgear to protect their heads. my boyfriend was a wrestler for 4 years in high school, 2 in middle school. he was pretty good. the most that ever happened to him was he fractured his arm. i wouldnt be too worried about it, wrestling is a great sport!