Hi, I have seen a lot of TV shows that urge us to be more physically active. Apparently we will only benefit from it. I have decided to listen to them. The sport activity that I find best is karate. I am aware that a good trainer has a lot to do with how I will progress. Therefore, I would like to know what should I look for in a good trainer.

Hi, the TV shows that you have watched are right. Physical activity can really help development of a healthy life. There are a lot of scientific proves for this statement. Anyway, I am sure that you have figured it out since you are planning on starting to train karate. Any kind of martial art demands a professional trainer. I am aware that people who are new to karate, and for that matter new to any kind of martial art, do not know what the qualities of a good trainer are. What you should look for in a good trainer is how he performs some exercises. Also, he must have a certificate that proves that he is qualified for training others. At the end, if you do not think that the trainer is "teaching" you good, change him. After all, this is you we are talking about.