Hello, I am a teenaged girl who, after taking a shower, suddenly started developing some type of irritation on my labia about four hours afterward. I washed with a type of soap that never irritates my skin and I never wash the inside of my vagina, just between the lips and on the outside. Because of a certain skin irritation I have been dealing with since I was a child (on my arms, legs and breasts) I lather Palmer's Cocoa Butter oil on my skin to prevent the irritation, and it helps. Like I stated before, I know not to insert any type of lotion, body oil or soap into my vagina so I've never done that. I am not sexually active in any way and wore clean underwear after my shower. The symptoms started developing four hours after my shower and when I scratched the irritation, it naturally got worse, so now my labia minora has gotten red, itchy and inflamed (mostly on the right side). Nothing else itches, not my clitoris or anything else. I have provided all this information to eliminate questions and to get a hopefully accurate reason for this sudden irritation and a solution. Please help me as this has never happened before. Thank you for all your time, I really appreciate it.

I have had this happen to me before when I did put  a bit of soap there. I have also had it when I had a yeast infection. I suggest buying some cream for yeast infection and see if that helps itching, and if it does it should help with inflamation as well. I know when I had it it went away on its own after 2 days. If yours doesn't, please see a doctor.