I have this really sharp pain at the left side of my throat near my thyroid that's been going on for about 3 days. It hurts really bad when I swallow. Its a lot worse in the Morning; its actually almost unbearable in the morning. It literally feels like my throat is on fire. And when I swallow (in the morning) the pain is excruciating. I also been finding it very hard to sleep and eat. Ok, but whats really weird, is that I don't have a fever, nor do I have any mucus. This confuses me, because I have been reading on medical websites associated with the symptoms of strep throat, and they all say "Fever, Coughing , Sneezing, Mucus ect" I'm not getting any of these things. Just the sharp pain. And another thing that's weird is that the pain is only on one side of my throat. When the pain first started it was on the right side. Right now its on the left side, and yesterday it was in the middle.

So does anybody know what this is? Is it Strep Throat even though I don't have a fever, sneezing coughing, or mucus? And if it is do you know any remedy's to help relieve the pain? I'm supposed to be going over my aunts house on Christmas Day and shes going to make a big dinner, but I can't enjoy it with this pain :-(

Thanks.

P.S. I am 17 year old male (not sure if that helps)

i think its just a viral sore throat,just gargle warm water with salt several times.I n time of brushing your teeth give your tounge more attention saliva is more of prone to virus..give it a try ! hope i help you! 

Hello Whatever808 ~
My 18 yr old son has the same exact symptoms & has had the bad sore throat for 7 days. Dr. told him to wait another 3-5. How long did the sore throat last for you?
Thanks