I'm a 22 year old female and have been having stomach pain mostly in my upper abdomen. The pain is sharp and can last anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes the pain even spreads up into my chest. I have also been having a fluttering feeling in my lower chest area as well. I thought I was having heart palpitations, but the EKG came back with a normal reading even though I had the episodes while wearing the monitor. I know think they might be spasms of the esophagus, but don't know exactly what that feels like. I have also been suffering from slight nausea. Does anyone know what this could be? Or can anyone tell me what esophagus spasms feel like?

I've been suffering from the same pain for more than 5 years now. I don't know how it actually started. I checked with the doctors about my condition but they cant give me the exact reason why I had it.

I used to drink 7-up or sprite to able to burp and right after burping the pain would stop only to start getting worst again after a few minutes. The doctor told me once that drinking soda wouldn't' really help, in fact, it only adds up the acid inside my system, making my condition worst. I was also told not to drink too much coffee or cola since it triggers the pain right after drinking.

I switched then to drinking hot water instead, and to my surprise it worked!! so every time I feel the stomach and back pains and the need to burp, I immediately drink hot water and starts rubbing omega pain killer on the stomach and back and waits to burp to release the acid inside my stomach.

I know this is such a shallow relieve since the pain would always be there whenever I get too cold or too hot. But since no doctor could help me as yet, I tried to stick to hot water and omega pain killer.