I am a 34 year old healthy woman. I have been experiencing spasms in the left upper quad area of my stomach on and off for the past 5 months. Sometimes I have gas and nausea with it. On and off I experience spasms in my LUQ acompanied with gas, nausea and stomach fullness and bloating. I feel like I'm 5 months pregnant, but I'm not pregnant. It is very uncomfortable and frustrating. My US, lab tests, and upper GI X-rays were all normal. My doctors don't seem to believe me when I tell them that there is some swelling in my LUQ area under my rib cage which extends a little to the middle and right upper quad area as well. When this happens, I do get either loose light colored stools or constipation with it. I do have a lot stress and not knowing what's causing the swelling and my symptoms adds even more stress. Can you please give me your thoughts on what this may be caused by? Before all this, I had normal BM's and no stomach problems at all. I could eat the spiciest foods and have no problems.

I am experiencing the same symptoms and haven't got a clue what is causing them. I have normal labs too and am scheduled for an upcoming CT with contrast. What was your diagnosis?

Did you find the cause of your symptoms? I have exactly the same ones and am scheduled for an upcoming CT w/contrast. Did you have one? Thanks.