Hi. I'm 18 and my boyfriend and I have been having sex for about a year. Last week we had sex while I was still on my period. It was toward the end of my period (last day) but I started to bleed heavily, I kinda expected this, so it prolonged my period. Then we were having sex about 8 days later and i went to use the restroom a couple hours later and I had spotted. We ALWAYS use condoms and are clean about things.
Is there something wrong with me or is this particular case normal and should we just take a break for awhile? I was reading other posts about spotting and bleeding after sex and it sounds like people have some STD's or an infection. Could you please help?

Spotting after sex is somewhat of an abnormal phenomenon that happens quite frequently in women with no serious long-term effects. It may even occur in women who were not on their menstrual period. However, in the future, keep in mind that most women restrain from sex during their cycle to avoid this kind of unnecessary worrying. So, be lady like and wait until your period is finished before you partake in any sexual activity. Nevertheless, typically, there may be three types of bleeding after sex.

One is from the normal abrasions of sex. Two, from the narrow, lower end of your uterus called the cervix. and the third reason women bleeds after sex can be a result of more serious diseases, such as cancer (not to scare you).

Common sense tells you the reason you may have shown blood after sex, but if it happen again, be sure to get yourself to a Doctor so that he or she can find the source of your bleeding. Most likely, it may be from the cervix area and will require a more in depth examination.

Hope this answers your question!

this poor girl is asking for your help and you tell her to be ladylike. that was pretty rude for you to say that to her.