I'm a 21 year old male, started smoking weed for about 1 year right after I got into university.
I smoked about 4~5 times aday almost everyday.
When I smoke alone, I dont get paranoid, but when I smoke with other people, I feel that through my actions and words, people can read my mind and thoughts. Also I felt that my best friends were hating me. When I realized that I was the only one getting paranoid from my group, this got me really down and from then, I started getting low self esteem. After almost getting kicked out of university, I realized all the bad effects that weed has had on me. and it was time to quit.
I quit for about 1 month and 3weeks but I am still suffering from paranoia. I can resist from smoking again but the paranoid side effects are really a problem for me right now.
I am having difficulties with talking to other people. I cant talk like before because I keep thinking that people would judge me, or hate me from the way I talk or for whatever reason. During a conversation, its really hard to figure out what to say. Also its hard to keep eye contact. I sometimes worry where I should be looking at, or if I stared at his eyes too much, etc. I wasnt like this when I didnt smoke weed. I was talkative and active.
Right now, after I quit weed, I tried to stay home most of the time because I didnt want to talk to other people. And this reallllllllly brings me down. I need to stop avoiding people and figure out a way to deal with this speaking problem.
Also, (this might sound weird) I cant figure out who I am. I feel like I dont know exactly what MY OWN character is, and this is one of the reason why my self esteem is getting lower and lower.

Please help me if you've experienced this before and tell me how you overcame it. Thanks.

it takes time, some times its a week and sometimes it's a year if your really worried go to the drs

I cant help you, but I can tell you that I'm going through the same thing. I feel like I can interrupt people with my thoughts, I don't want to encourage your fantasy, I will call it as I hope it is, but look up feedback loops. You could be in a negative loop, my suggestion is take some time to yourself to find who you really are. We could be suffering from an early identity crisis that was provoked by our marijuana abuse and SAD/Paranoia. Also, I am visiting a shrink, and he told my parents I'm the hardest case he's had in ALL of his cases. I first went to him to talk about my trouble sleeping, but now I feel like I am facing MANY more challenges. I often reflect on what made me this way, which I believe could INCREASE the problem, like trying to re-write history in its own context. It's pointless. 

in reply to the 21 year old male: My experience with marijuana had definite parallels to your experiences. my personality problems became so bad stemming from using marijuana (self-doubt, extreme shyness, paranoia,) just to name a few that i actually wound up on the streets for a while even though I had stopped using it months before. My self-esteem had simply gotten so low I didn't feel like a part of society anymore. I felt like a have-not while everyone else was a have. Although I blame part of my problems on a dysfunctional upbringing, the lingering effects of    smoking pot definitely put me in an emotional hole that I couldn't seem to whip. When, as an 18 year old young man who used to be outgoing and agressive now couldn't look a person in the eye while talking to them because of this awkward self- consciousness this put me in a bad situation. I got fired from a few jobs. I couldn't even keep a relationship because of my social dysfunction. After about 3 years of this misery, I was at the end of myself. A 21 year old failure. Often, when things seem the darkest that is when God moves into the picture. A couple of years before I was in a particularly depressed mood one night and remembered that some christians I had met while on the streets told me that Jesus Christ was the answer to any problems life could throw at me so I cried out Him. I asked Him to please help me. Not too much longer after that I met a young woman who was a christian who took a special interest in me and my life. For me she was the only good thing to happen to me in about 5 years. She was a definite "have" but I felt as though I was a have-not. To me she had something different about her life. She was from a middle-class background, and at the time I lived in a very poor situation (it is hard to have anything when you can't hold down a job!) I screwed upped the courage to ask her out on a date and to my surprise she accepted. I picked her up in my beat up old chevy impala and we went to the movies. I felt like a pauper going out with a queen. We didn't start a relationship at the time, because, lets face it, I simply couldn't pull it off because of my self-doubt, which I blame in part the mrijuana usage. However, she must have sensed that I had real problems, because she continued to come see me. One day she came to see me and we walked to her house(she lived a few blocks away from me.) She was a christian, but was never real vocal about her faith. However, thanks be to God, this day would be different. Apparently, she had purposed in her mind that she was going to share her faith with me because she walked me back to my house. Little did I realize that within moments my entire life and destiny were about to change. As far as I could tell, purposeful, joyful life were still a million miles away. She began her talk by stating the obvious: I can tell that you are very unhappy in your life. She told me of a couple of true storis of people similar to me and how their life had changed dramatically by simply calling out to Jesus Christ in repentance and faith.She said that they became new people whose lives were now characterized by love joy and peace etc... She said that if I would make the same decisision that they had made, the same would be true for me. I grabbed onto this hope like a drowning man would clutch a life buoy! I went home and right there in my house I spoke to the Lord Jesus:I said to Him, if what I have heard about you is true then I want you to come into my heart and manage my life from here on out. You must be willing to make Him absolute boss of your life or salvation will never be yours. He already did His part for your salvation by dying on the cross for you, your part is simply to call upon His name to save you. He is plenty able to do so since He is the Lord of this universe. Anyways, when I asked Him to save me, at first I didn't feel any different. Then, about 2 weeks later I was walking home from the store and suddenly I sensed the presence of God within me. I can't exactly explain it except to say that the trees and everything else suddenly looked beautiful, but obviously it wasn't them, it was a result of the Holy Spirit who now had a permanant residence inside of me and one one day I will go to glory to be with Him forever! Needless to say, I started gaining fantastic victories over my social dysfunctions as the Lord's peace began to dominate my life as I started studying His word, praying, going to church regularly, sharing my faith with others(that was another miracle of the Lord's power in my life.) I am now 49 years old and still serving the Lord. Life hasn't gone perfectly since but when I mess up all I have to do is call on my Heavenly Father to forgive me and restore me to fellowship with Him and I have all the power of the Holy Spirit at my disposal once again.