recently started getting smelly under my foreskin and i wash regularly, it is also a bit itchy in one spot (used 2 be much itchier has calmed down)

after reading many forums it probably is the fungus every1 has been talking about

i read that vinegar will burn this fungus. is this something i should try or stay away from? it has been getting better but its been lengthy should i try something right now to fix it or w8 a bit

thx

Should we only wash the glans? or the inside of the foreskin too? I'm 16, male

It could be cause d by thrush. That's is a yeast infection which is particularly annoying as it tends to return just when you think it's gone. It will cause a red mottling of the penile helmet with a creamy white discharge from under the foreskin. Although it can be picked up from unprotected sex, it just appears like a bad penny in most cases. Over use of antibiotics, taking steroids for whatever reason, being diabetic or having a problem with your immune system will all increase your risk from thrush. Similarly, constant washing will remove the protective layer of 'good guy' bacteria which stops the yeast from growing. Dunking your penis in live natural yoghurt once a day might help return things to normal. Only wash once a day. Either way, don't give up on sex. Use a condom. Take care.

I've heard of the natural yoghurt idea before, not tried it though but in theory it should work.

To answer the original question, you should clean both the glans and inside of the foreskin. Just roll the foreskin back in the bath/shower and give it a good clean out with water. Soaps can be irritable, so would avoid unless its a mild/sensitive soap.

I wouldn't completely rule out an STD but smegma is usually just a result of relatively poor hygeine.