I have an odd problem with alcohol. I've drank moderately through high school and some college. I'm a small kid, but I could pound several shots no problem. Being of age usually increases one's tolerance..but something happened. Very recently I developed stomach pains. I don't drink too frequently so it's not an abuse issue. Basically, every time I drink I am fine for 14 hours...then my stomach starts to hurt. I begin to feel tightness and then nausea. It has gotten so bad that I will drink one, yes ONE, beer (even applicable with half a beer) and it will hurt 14-16 hours after consumption. It used to only hurt for about 6 hours...now it will even hurt for 3-5 days. Essentially, lately I will drink one beer and 14-16 hours later it will severely hurt (to the point of a serious stomach pain) and last, often, several days. Not that I need to drink, but it's nice to have a couple drinks in social situations.I'm not 'big' into drinking at all, nor have I done enough damage at all in the past to create a problem. My issue isn't with tolerance, or abuse. It's the physical stomach pain, which seems like a specific digestion/acid problem. Any advice or medical words? Thanks.

I noticed no one has answered your question and neither can I.  I started this research because what you describe happening to you is happening to my 22 year old son.  Doesn't start having the stomach pain until a day or say after he drinks.  Have you discovered any reason why this is happening?  If you have any information,  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

This happens with me too, it happened to me a year ago & a few months ago went hospital they couldn't do anything and now only drank 2-3 beers a day for a few days. Started as a irritation in the stomach but now the pain is so bad I'm lying in bed, eating makes it worse. When it happened to me twice before smoking weed was the only thing that could fix it, this time I have none and the stomach pains feels like it's getting worser.