My cousin lost some weight, and I think he lost enough, since I have noticed change. He told me he has been food combining, following the Montignac diet. I can clearly see that he has lost quite a bit of weight. I wondered could you tell me if that is a good way to lose weight and keep it off long-term. I would like to know more about this Montignac diet, because I think it might be good for me too.

Food combining has been a popular way of controlling weight, and I am surprised you have never heard for that before. Montignac diet is just one version of this dieting type. This diet works by giving you a focus on certain food types that is specified in roles each diet has. This must ultimately lead you to consume fewer calories, what is goal of each diet and dieting regime. There is no evidence that Montignac diet’s food combining has any more effect that just that. This does not make it a bad thing, as most people seeking two sources of help, and that is motivation and focus. If this type of dietary approach could offer you both, then it can work for you. What it does not do is teach you long-term, healthy dietary habits, and I could recommend this to anyone who has ever tried any diet. I guess you also should know that probably the best dietary approach is the one you will still be enjoying in a years time.

Actualy Montignac diet is not about food combining and lowering the callorys count , quite the contrary it is about glycemic index. Which is about controling your blood sugar level and insulin production. I am on the diet so far I lost over 12 pounds, and I eat over 2500 callories every single day some days over 3500 with a passive life stile.

The Montignac Diet is a Low GI Diet incorporating the benefits of food combination to yield stable energy levels along with hunger reduction and fat reduction.

I have used this diet before and found i to be the most effective and sustainable weight loss method. Other diets such as low calorie, low fat, or protein diets might be effective short term, but in all fairness not very sustainable.

With that being said, examples would be nice :-D

Actually the combination not allowed in Montignac is high fat with medium - high glicemic index foods in the same meal. For example if you are having beef you should combine it with very low GI foods like salads. But you can have a medium GI food if you are not combining it with fat. For example you can have whole grain pasta with vegetables but not with meat.

But I recomend to read the book for a better understanding of the method. My husband and I lost weight with it, dining out and having great meals at home.

Hope this information helps.