I started out with an abcess tooth and had it extracted last week. For the last month, I've had a sore throat and white spots on the left side where my tonsils use to be. Before I got the tooth extracted last week, I went to my ent doc and he looked at my throat, stuck a tube up my nose to look at my throat closer and said he didn't see anything and to go have the tooth out. I'm healing from where I got the tooth extracted by my throat is still sore and the white spots are still there. I have also been on 3 different antibiotics for this, amoxicillan, zpak and penicillin...none helped. Anyone out there have similiar symptoms or any suggestions.

hey storm,

it sounds like you may have strep throat. have you been tested for that?? also have you had a fever at all? its hard to tell whats going on with out seeing it or having any test results but it does kind of sound like strep. although you dont have you tonsils any more so that is a bit odd. can you give us some more information?

thanks

I didn't get tested for strep but I did go to my ent on dec 10 and he just thought it was drainage. Can drainage cause white spots and sore throat? I don't have a fever. I also have been on antibiotics so even if it was strep wouldn't that clear it up?