Recently I was vacationing in the coast of ecuador, and after swimming a strange sore showed up on my lower right cheek. It was red and moist and about the size of a dime. I paid no attention at first, thinking that it was a minor irritation, but after about a day it opened up wider, and another one showed up below it on my neck. in a couple days the first one had a yellowish crust to it, I am assuming it was dried pus. The second one was still red, and itched. Also another, bigger one showed up above the first one on my cheek. The other two were healing, both a yellowish brown crust. the new one was like the others. It itched and stung a little, and was moist with a clear pus type of liquid. after about a week the 3 sores dissappeared completely, leaving my skin a little bit whiter in those areas. Also, i'm not sure if it was related, but i had a horrible pus filled bubble on my knee, and one inbetween my knuckles of my left hand. I am worried about what it could have been. Doing some research I found results for Yaws, Bejel, and Pinta. Also thinking it might have been impetigo, but I have no idea. Please help. Thanks!

One possibility is swimmer's itch (cercarial dermatitis). The causative agent is a larval blood fluke parasite that normally infects wildlife. The larvae penetrate the human skin causing an allergic reaction. Use corticosteroid cream for the itch and topical antibiotic to help prevent secondary infection. Google "cercarial dermatitis" for pictures to see if they match what you have. Another possibility is seabather's eruption, resulting from hypersensitivity of the skin to a larval jellyfish.

thanks, i'm not sure if the sores match those of simmer's itch. my sores were a bit bigger than the ones saw photographed on the internet. I'm hoping it was something minor. thanks again for the help.