I am 16 years old, and I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time about 3 weeks ago and it was two weeks after my period ended. I have been having irregular periods for a little over a year and I'm not sure if they have returned to normal yet. We had protected sex and nothing came out while we had sex and he had a condom on the whole time. I am just worried that I may be pregnant. Because about a week after we had sex he had his penis down by that area and nothing came out other then the possibility of precum. And since I have been having irregular periods I'm not sure when I should be getting my period, but I just thought I should have it by now. It has been about 5 weeks since my last period ended. I know that stress can cause your period to be late, but it is really hard for me not to stress about this. I am just wondering if I have anything to be stressed about and if I have a chance of being pregnant. If someone could please answer me back quickly I would really appreciate it.

Can you be more specific? "he had his penis down by that area" could mean a lot of things.

1. What exactly were you doing
  2. Where exactly was his penis?

"precum." can contain sperm

Three weeks after your period ended could well be in a non fertile time, but you have not given much cycle detail.

1. What was the date of your last period start?
  2. What is the range of your cycle-lengths? (like, say, between 26 and 32 days)
  3. What was the date of the activity when "he had his penis down by that area"
  4. Did he ejaculate at all on that day? If so when (relative to your activity)?

Hi, sorry about not being so specifc on that part, but I posted that. So what I meant by it down by that area was down by my vagina and butt. We weren't having sex he just had his penis down there without a condom on. The date of my last period starting was January 6 and it ended the 12, but they have always been irregular for the past year. The day that he had it in "that area" was Febuary 3, and no he did not ejaculate on that day

I was trying to work out the likelihood of sperm entering your vagina an the 3rd being a fertile day.

• Regarding your fertile day. I know you are irregular, but how irregular? Are they ever more than (say) 42 days (6 weeks)? If not, it probably was not a fertile day.
  • Regarding sperm entering, what precise part did his penis touch? By 'vagina' do you mean the vaginal entrance? Was it inside your labia minora? That would be important. Exactly where was the head of his penis?

No it was not by the vaginal entrance, it was closer to my butt and not at all about to enter my vagina. They are not as long as days and are probably around 26 to 32 like you said in your last comment.

Then it is highly unlikely you would get pregnant.

Okay becaus I am just worried because its been three weeks since we had sex and then two weeks since the other thing happened. And I havent gotten my period yet, but do you think that is just from them being irregular?

For any pregnancy risk, you would have to have ovulated between 3rd Feb and 9th Feb. If you Ovulated on 3rd Feb, then your period would be expected to have arrived yesterday (17th) and that is a 42 day cycle!

Of course, anytime you have sex there is the risk of pregnancy. No method of contraception is 100% fail safe. Also, sperm can be transferred to your vagina manually. So what other sexual activity have you had?

A fortnight after your latest sex you can take a pregnancy test if you are very worried.

But it may be you are late, or it could be a missed period

The only other sexual activity I have had during this time was last week when had sex again but we were using protection. But I plan to take a pregnant test today just to see what is going on. Thanks for the help

Pleased to help. Please let me know how you get on.

I took a pregnant test last night and it was negative. So now I'm just waiting to get it. Thanks for all your help though

That's good.
Pleased I could help

I have one last question, when I took the pregnancy test I acidentally peed a little on the part where the results are shown. And a couple of seconds later a negative signe appeared, so Im wondering if that could afftect the results that I got.

That shouldn't make a difference.

Okay, because I wasnt sure so I was thinking about taking another one