Up until eight months ago I was a pretty healthy person. I was a vegetarian, I weighted 170 pounds and was pretty happy. I always had irregular periods (up to but no more than seven weeks apart) and asthma, and have been bald on and off since I was five thanks to Alopecia, but as I said, I was happy. Suddenly I started gaining weight, to the point that my newly formed stretch marks were literally splitting open. They still do. I have nasty looking dark purple stretch marks all over my belly, the top and in between my legs, on my hips and on the sides of my breasts. I thought it was something like my body going into starvation mode at first, but even after dropping my veggie diet I continued to gain weight. My belly swelled and is hard exactly like a pregnant woman's. I've actually been harassed about it. "When are you due?" "Your first?" I've never been pregnant. I'm only 19. It wasn't until six monthes ago that I even became sexually active. So by this point I'm 224 pounds (which means I've gained 54 pounds in the last eight months), covered in stretch marks, and feeling flutters in my belly. I've been feeling them for three months now so no, they're not gas. I wouldn't be embarrassed if it was. I've only had one small period since September. By this point most people say "yay! you're prego!" to which I must say, I really wish it were that simple. I've taken pregnancy tests since before the fluttering started, both home kits and blood tests and they came back negative. My doctors haven't said much other than there's no baby, and that I had a completely normal pap. They don't seem conserned at all at my weight gain and completely ignore the flutters and other symptoms. I no longer have insurance and am unemployed. I can't even afford my glasses or inhalers anymore. I have no idea what's going on and would seriously like to. I want to have kids some day and I'm getting scared that something is happening that will keep me from doing so. I'm worried about my health and sick of stuck up doctors assuming that just because I'm young that I eat like a pig, or a pill popper like so many of the kids I went to school with. I know something's wrong, and maybe the fact that I'm not pregnant is a bad thing. They don't seem to realize that. In the last month or so I've had reoccuring pain in my lower left rib cage that shoots toward my ovary on the same side. My left ovary also aches a good bit. Anyone have any ideas? Any answers are welcome.

One question are you going to an OBGYN for these problems or a regular family doctor? An OBGYN will be able to tell more. And ask your regular doctor to have you thyroid checked. This definately sounds like a thyroid issue. My mom had the same problem and it came back to be her thyroid and if it sint that then you need to have a catscan done to see if you have any tumors in your stomach or uterus. And another thing some women get pregnant and dont know it until they are in labor. There is a show called" I didnt even know I was pregnant", and it is some pretty wicked stuff. I hope this helps and let me know how everything goes. But that is probably not your case the whole pregnant thing it sounds more like thyroid!!!!!

Sorry about that. Well too the original poster, if you read this...please respond up here and then maybe we come up with a way of communication. I go to my endocronologist Friday, I was really hoping to talk to you before then. So please repost if you hop up here.

Later,

Michael R. Jones

Well, I've had no other feedback other than that my testosterone was high, which for some odd reason would cause a lot of the above symptoms in women. (Just a note, in guys a lot of the same things would happen if they were producing too much estrogen.) I haven't been able to find out why it was raised. What I have found is it could be anything from age, medications, even diet...Or it could be due to several different major reproductive cancers, and quite a few glandular diseases...It really kind of sucked to discover that because a good percent of the time in women it was directly related to the woman having PCOS (polycystic ovaries), and for some women the imbalance could cause sterility...So now I have to either go on birth control, which the last time I did that I ended up with several small bloodclots, or a drastic change in diet to lower the hormone. I could stand being healthier so that I'm okay with that. I'll at least try to see if it helps. I don't know if the estrogen imbalance is your problem but you might want to ask your doctor about it.

So during your investigations here....Were you ever tested or did they mention Cushing's Syndrome or Cushing's Disease? Just curious. Alot of our symptons fit Cushing's Syndrome to a "T!" It's weird we share some of the exact same symptoms, but you're female and I'm male. So I think that some of the symptoms you have are probably not female related, We just share too many of the same symptoms ya know. I'm no doctor, just throwing that out there. Well anything you find out or figure out, come post it up here and keep me updated. Thanks!

Michael

You may have PCOS or Polycystcic Ovarian Syndrome. Which can also lead to insulin resistance and diabetes. Make an appointment with a gynecologist and ask them to do an internal sonogram of your ovaries to check for cysts.

Dude it's sounds like your making too much of something and maybe you have a cyst. Go to an obygyn otherwise dnt bother wasting time and money. Btw reproductive health is very serious affects everything honestly cause it's hormones. Hormones out of balance maybe!??

Hi there,
I have the same thing happening, but i have a diagnosis of endometriosis, i dont want to say you have got it but it sounds similar. Plus Doctors unfortunately do not always take womens pain and irregular bleeding seriously enough. I would recommend seeing a dr and actually asking about endo and connecting your symptoms. Do some research too so that you can be ready to push for treatment/investigation. The good news is your not alone and if endo is the cause there are support groups and charities who can help you. Cracking skin is a concern in my book and i would ensure that it is kept clean. If you have a temperature you may have a skin infection would will need to be treated with antibiotics. This may get the conversation started for you as why has this cracking begun? I wish you luck and a speedy diagnosis and treatment and send you love and understanding for you situation. I hope you feel better soon sweetie. Stay strong xx