Tonight's helpful hint: eat a big big greasy dinner right before doing a hard workout of 800s on a warm humid night. :duh: :puke:
It helps if you eat a really early lite lunch, then it seems much more logical to do so.

anyone else do anything really intelligent lately?

I had some Chinese food the day before a run on Tuesday and it included a pile of seaweed (which is high in fibre) and ended up having some major gastrointestinal problems on the run. Fortunately I was in the woods so I ended up having to find a bush to hide and you know, answer the call of nature...

Instead of letting massive double blister heal, run 13 miles on it.

Running 4 miles about 48 hours after your longest race ever???
(at least my co-workers think it is stupid)

Jumping up and down real hard will take care of that sore ankle, no problem.

Don't try and go for a 5-mile run only 40 minutes after eating spicy fajitas.

Don't worry if you're supposed to do a specific distance, and you're pushing your training forward by doing just that distance; if you're having a good time and feeling great, you should just keep going.

You'll feel great afterwards, and so will your joints! :x

After a late night beer drinking celebration in July...

skip your morning run, because of your hangover, and try to run it at 2 in the afternoon.

Lots of sweat, and a very dizzy head....

I can top that. Go to a wedding of two very good friends and promise yourself you'll only have a few drinks because you have a race the next day. Proceed to drink 4 22oz beers in between the ceremony and the reception on an empty stomach. At the reception follow it up with 3 shots of tequila, 8 very strong tequila sunrises, and another 5 beers. Go to bed at 2am. Then get up at 730am the next day to drive downtown for a 10K. Despite PRing, feel like c**p all day long.

Go to familiy friends' 50 wedding anniversary celebration. (Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving)

Eat lots of fried popcorn shrimp, and other assorted seafood specials.

Cap off with some liqueurs

Get home about 0100

Get up at 0500 and drive about 75 miles to a 5K race.

Finish the *^^$& race, get home and nap.

go out bar hoppin New Year's Eve on skates. hit most of the bars on the way to the "Big Peach" dropping. drink champagne, skate more, drink more beer in Hooters, skate more, wake up in 4 hours for a Rseolution Run, :puke: everything, to include water. race. :umno:

Hmmm, guess my Resolution???