Hello, folks. I have a nasty tarsal cyst. It isn’t painful much, but it really bothers me. It is annoying when I take my shoes on. I would really like to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest me some efficient method for this? I will appreciate all your suggestions. Thank you for all your replies.

Hello to you too. There are many ways for getting rid of tarsal cyst. I would definitely go for surgery. You will be under anesthesia, local I think. I think it is the best way to remove it. There is also possibility of local corticosteroid injection. Hot compresses are another option. You can also try with painkillers. Visit dermatologist and consult with him about the best possible option. Good luck!

Hi there,
To be honest with you this is the first time that I have heard that chalazion is also called tarsal cyst. It’s kind of funny because my brother had this condition a year ago. Now I know that this is problematic because he got even a swollen eye from this. He was almost ready to pop the cyst and then I read somewhere that this cannot be done because the things will only get complicated. Instead he applied warm pressure and tried to massage the cyst several times a day. The good thing is that the cyst was gone after few days. Have you tried any of these things?

Best wishes,
Marco