Hello! I have had hard lumps on my groin for quite some time. It may even be swollen groin nodes but I am not sure. I do have problems with hairs down there. They often get inflamed. But, the reason I am writing is that I also had a unprotected sex three months ago, and the swollen nodes showed up like a month ago. Can swollen nodes develop from any of the STDs?

I am not sure but I think that the nodes in the groin don’t swell when there is an STD. For swollen groin nodes, possible causes are usually looked for in the legs and lower abdomen. It could also be one of your ingrown hairs. They can get pretty nasty. If you are so worried, especially if they are causing you a special discomfort, you should visit a gynecologist/urologist ( you didn’t specify your gender) or even dermatologist.

Hi, You need to be aware that swollen lymph nodes in the groin could be caused by an std called LGV. It is rare, but based upon my research it is on the rise again in urban metro areas. You should be checked by your primary physician for this virus. It can cause multi-system effects and can be treated by the antibiotic doxycycline.

Hope this helps...Hospital RN

You might also want to consider getting testing for Herpes, it can also cause these symptoms. The 'ingrown hais' may not be what you think and nodes can swell from the viral infection herpes.