Hello! I am 22 years old and I have a question for you, but I will start from the beginning. Last month I had problem with swollen lymph nodes in my armpit. This month problem repeated. I really cannot figure out what cause of swollen lymph nodes in my armpit is. Can you? Thank you in advance!

Hello! I think that cause of swollen lymph nodes in your armpit is waxing or ingrown hair. Namely, if you are using waxing, could be that wax is contaminated with bacteria. If you are shaving armpit, then cause could be ingrown hair or your razor blade is contaminated with bacteria. I suggest you to put razor blade in alcohol for 60 seconds. This will disinfection it. If you are using wax, buy new. If you are visiting a salon, then change salon.

Lymph nodes tend to swell from viral or bacterial infection. Fungal infection could also cause this condition. Now you have to check your armpit if you notice any abnormalities that might be causing your lymph nodes to swell from time to time. Have you see a doctor the first time you had this condition? Sometimes an ingrown hair might be the problem that causes the lymph nodes to swell. If you have this you have to find it and clean it so your skin doesn’t have any infections. However sometimes lymphatic system can be damaged and in this situation you will have to see a doctor to run some test. Also there is a possibility of cancer but this is rare.