Hello! I have persistent swollen lymph nodes between my legs. I can tell you that they are not painful. I have noticed this a month ago. To be honest with you, I think that this is not serious problem, but still I want to ask you for more information (of course, if you know something about this). Thank you in advance!

Hello! You need to contact your doctor immediately. I can tell you for sure that this be very serious. You will need to do biopsy, because this symptom can be caused by lymphoma. Lymphoma is, generally speaking, cancer of lymphatic system. This kind of cancer is not painful at all and that is why I am concerned for you.

The lymph nodes that are located between your legs are called inguinal lymph nodes but are more often known as groin lymph nodes. In my opinion you should not ignore this condition. One month is long period for lymph nodes to be swollen. This can be caused by several reasons like hernia or allergic reaction, but also it can be caused from cancer. As you can see this is not something that you wish to put on hold and in my opinion you should see a doctor. Have you been using any medication lately? Could this just be an allergic reaction? Also ingrown hair might cause this condition so try to find if you have any ingrown hairs between your legs.

what kind of dr do i see?