The beginning of June during a routine anual exam my doctor found that I had what she called an axillary mass in my left under arm(it is painful when touched but there is no redness or anything like that). She sent me for an ultrasound and the ultrasound determined that it is an enlarged lymph node. The doctor who looked at the ultrasound said that it did not appear that bad to him but that he would send the report to my doctor and see what she had to say. When I went back to her she said that she would like me to have chest xrays as a follow up to make sure that everything was fine, checked my white cell count which was 7,000. Four days after the ultrasound I awoke to a very swollen jaw and my mouth was very itchy on the inside. Also there was slight swelling of the gums(almost like what you get after eating popcorn). I called the doctor and she told me to come in, she looked and could not determine what had caused the swelling or the itching. She prescribed an antibiotic, made me an appointment to see my dentist and made me an appointment to see a surgeon for a second opion on what should be done about the lump. During the meeting with the surgeon he found a second similar lymph node under the right arm. I am now experiencing flu like muscle aches and some ear pain. What the heck is going on? Any ideas? Any help would be great, I must admit that my imagination is going crazy.

I dont mean to scare you rbut I have similar symptoms and am so worried because HIV carry the same symptoms. I would get another blood test if I were you, and sometimes when the doc quickly dismisses you without a thorough explanation, theres something he knows and doesnt want to alarm or strees you out.