My husband has severe problems with his health. He was told that he has syringomyelia. He went to doctor after weeks of back pain, headaches, weakness in his arms and legs… I have finally persuaded him to go to a doctor. After the diagnose doctor told him that it could be the result of car accident few years ago. But he had used all the medical terms so my husband is a little confused. Can you explain me what is syringomyelia?

Hi, madam. My brother also has the syringomyelia so I will try to explain it in common English. It is a disorder where the cyst is appearing in spinal cord. The cyst expands over time tearing and destroying the spinal cord. It hurts a lot and also it is breaking the communication between the brain and the peripheral nerves. My brother, for example has lost his ability to feel hot or cold on his arms.