I'm also due for a shaving of both tailors bunions, but so scared as I just booked a plain ticket to South Africa on December 2nd. I dont know if I'll be ok to travel by then. The Dr says I will be fine and that its more than enough time, I'm doubtful and just dont know what to do. Does this procedure not heel a bit faster than the extensive procedure?

I'm in my 15th week of recovery and still in a great deal of pain with the bunionette. I had both a large bunion and bunionette on my right foot removed at the same time. The bunion's healing is doing well, but the bunionette continues to be very painful. It's large and on top of the foot below the 5th toe. Has anyone else had this experience? My doctor gave me a cortisone shot which helped for about 2 weeks, but now I'm back to being in constant pain. I have a very physical job and am on my feet a lot. I'm only able to wear one pair of wide tennis shoes and even then the bunionette is sore. I am a healthy 56 year old woman. My doctor says I'm "doing great." Help! Is there hope for healing?

I'm on week two from ositotomy and Taylor's bunion I had the stitches out yesterday dressings off I've been lucky by having no pain at all and this is the second op both times no pain I've been walking on my heel after week one so I'm hoping another week to put weight on it glad I've had them done

Hi izziebee94037

I hope you still see this message, I am curious to find out if your feet healed perfectly and if you would recommend the surgery? I have an appointment in two days and heard a lot of people say they are worse off afterwards. not sure if I should go through with it

I'm due to have bunionette surgery on both feet,,I have been told I can work at my job as a cleaner( on my feet 7 hrs per day)
After 6 weeks,,is this realistic? I too will be unpaid.thanks

How did this turn out? My daughter is 15 with the same issue.

Im 70 years old. I had surgery for bunionnette and bunion on my right foot 4 1/2 weeks ago. I'm still non weight bearing, using a knee scooter. My biggest concern is that whenever I'm on the scooter for just a few minutes, my right foot turns very dark purple. Then I have to lay down with my foot on a pillow for about five minutes before the purple starts to fade. My foot is always a little darker than the left foot, even when I'm just lying horizontally. My second concern is that my big toe is now pointed upwards. But, I'm really concerned about the purple coloring. I'm afraid that circulation is not what it should be. Has anyone else had this problem, and did it get better?

I'm having that done on right foot next Thurs. The same podiatrist removed a big bunion from left foot 2 years ago, and 3 yrs. ago he removed a big bunion from right foot. Next week will be
my BUNIONETTE. I must have the best MD in the world, both of the BIG bunions, left & right
were so easy. I was completely sedated for procedures, woke up, went home and had no pain afterwards. I had pain pills, that's probably how I had no pain. I'm 73yrs. old. All this is true.F

I've been suffering from turf toe for a while, and finally bought orthotic. This was by far the last option. Orthofeet insole helped with discomfort immediately, and easily fit into most of my shoes--I just remove the insole and replace it with this. I didn't need a set, just one, but that's not a complaint, it's a great value! I wore them yesterday to walk my dog, and they didn't slip at all. I'm wearing them today with dress shoes and even without socks they're comfortable.

how did your surgery work out --having it shaved vs full surgery? My bunions are on both feet by little toe but left foot incredibly painful --giving me headaches it hurts so much --even without a shoe on. Ortho mentioned shaving vs full surgery but you are the first person I have seen who has tried this -I see it was years ago. Would love your input. thanks!

I walked around the mall for hours and my feet didn't hurt, not heal pain or pain on the sides of my feet. Before I got these I got a pair of orthofeet which I also like and have had no problems with and they have seems to made my hip stop hurting. Too early to say if these will help my hip but second day wearing them and my feet felt great.