Any advice on recovery from the Tailor's bunionectomy surgery?

I had a Tailor's bunionectomy yesterday along with a repair of a failed/overcorrected traditional bunionectomy and a tendon release. With my bunionectomy 2 years ago, I was not in much pain.  I elevated, iced and took 1/2 tabs of the pain med for 2 days and I was not in any pain really.

But with this surgery I'm experiencing a burning pain on the bottom of my foot despite taking the full dose of pain med.

Anyone else have a Tailor's bunionectomy?  What were your experiences?  Any advice?  Thanks so much

Hey i had bunionectomacy on April 22, 2013. Yes i did i have a bit of tingling, most when i didnt elevate the foot. Got my stiches removed 10 days after surgery which was very uncomfortable. I got my pin removed on May 20th, was NO pain at ALL! Im suppose to return to work June 3rd. But im worried cause foot still swollen. Hoping it goes down with the next week. I cant even fit into sneakers. Its still sore where but bone was cut but no consant pain, just swelling

Yes, swelling after bunionectomy is common for 6 weeks or more. I wore my CAM boot for several months due to swelling and tenderness. This surgery with both Tailors and standard bunionectomy was painful and lots of burning.

Hi Francesca,

how has your bunion healed after your sugery? how long did it take you to recover and have you been able to play any sports or run without pain?

Hi Carolinagirl,

how is your foot doing now? what did the dr tell will you be able to play sports or run again what's it's completely healed?
thanks,
Peter