Few weeks ago, I had bunionectomy. It was terrible because I had pains and screws, but now I feel better. My right foot seems to be fine, with great movement in toes, even the big one. Although, my left foot is stiff, what worries me? I cannot move it upward and I see swelling. Did anyone experience something similar, because I need anyone’s opinion?

Off course there are many people out there who experienced the same problem you have. I know it feels good knowing you are not the only one. That is why I will tell you what I experienced with bunionectomy. I had surgery a year ago on my both feet. Beside a typical surgery we both had, my toe was repaired. I cannot really tell you if that is normal or not because it seems that no two surgeons do the exact same procedure. I also found that everyone's toe problems are a little different. It is definitely not a one size fits all type of surgery from what I can gather when reading the various posts from different people. I think the best for you is to ask your surgeon about it. I told my podiatrist that I was having pain in a different area of my right foot. When I told it, he assured me that this was because I was walking differently now than before surgery. I believe we just have to be patient with the recovery period, which is all. I really hope that things will settle out and be normal again and we will have new and improved feet.

Hi there. Even if those surgeries are not dangerous and complicated, you should know that it takes a time to get fully recovered. Bunion surgery is not difficult at all, but generally, after your bunion surgery, your big toe joint can feel a little stiff and difficult to move. That is all normal and generally, there is nothing to worry though. Stiffness can be prevented by simple range-of-motion exercises. Yes, I know that you find it hard to think about some exercises when you are in the pain, but that is the only way that you start to feel some recovery process sooner. Also, with the help of bunionette pain relief, I am sure that you will be better soon. 

Hello fellow foot surgery athletes!
I am a singer and dancer and have been performing in high heels for over 25 years!
I had bunions removed from both feet and a nueroma delt with on April12, 2007. Today is June 28, 2007 and I only have 3 more weeks before I will be performing again in 3 " heels. On my first consultation my Doctor reassured me that I would be fine in 3 months but right after the surgery he wasn't so sure. He actually did a lot of work on my feet for having the surgery procedure in his office! I was in a wheel chair for almost 3 weeks.. i could walk but felt it was better to keep weight off my feet as much as possible. Recovery from this procedure is very different for everyone but one thing that everyone does have in common... without complications .. is that it is a slow... increment by increment recovery. I actually feel more pain as I'm healing and getting better which makes perfect sense to me. As the nerves are healing of course you're going to feel that. It is not constant pain though.. that would be a warning to me. So I welcome those shots or sensations of the nerves waking up again... you are healing!! I may have to convince my producers that wearing a one inch heal for a few months will look fine and in the long run be much better for my career. It had to be a man who invented high heels.
My left foot which had the nueroma seems to be healing well with movement and the ability to point my toes. There is a small mound or bump in the middle of my foot which is bothering me a little but I keep massaging it and hoping it will disperse itself. The only pain I have in that foot besides the occasional nerve sensation is on the top left side of my foot but I think that is from the way I favor the foot when I'm walking. My right foot however is healing differently. Although I can move all of my toes my big toe still doesn't seem to be connected completely yet. I can't really point that toe along with the others. I highly recomend Yoga Toes for your healing process. Google it! Otherwise ... don't forget to love your feet and give them massages and TLC.. I can't explain how this works but it will definitely help your progress... negativity will onyl fester in a negative way... Your feet are your foundation so give them respect and you will heal! Be paitient and breathe and know that you will have years ahead of agility and freedom if you just take the time and be patient and let your body heal. All the best to everyone.... lm

hi everyone, abt 4weeks ago iv had my bunion removed and toe straightened they had to put two screws in, at moment my toe is still stiff and im worried it wont have much movement in it

Hello All
I had bunion surgery last week I also had to have screws put in, my doctor stated to me to take my hand and move my big toe back and forward so it want get stiff, she also told me to take aleeve or some kind of pain med before I do it because it's going to hurt a little.

Yep,definitely need to do the exercises to increase your chances for a flexible toe...

Good evening everyone. I do realize that this thread is over 2 years old. I ad a chevron done a month ago. No pain or itching at all. NWB for another week until I see my podiatrist. I was curious to know the prognosis so far with all of you so far since it has been over 2 years and what advice you all have gotten over the years from your surgeon or podiatrist as far as after the one year mark. thanks so much