It is now 4 weeks after surgery, and I am still on crutches. My Dr. told me
that it would take 6 weeks to heal since he put a screw into my big toe,
I still have a good bit of swelling in the foot, and am concerned that
it may continue to swell even after the 6 weeks. I have been very active, working part time in a DRS office, sometimes walking as much as 4-5 miles each day in the office, and then 3 after I get home for exercise.
I am very concerned that I may not be able to do that, in addition, I was
supposed tostart working for the USPO and need to be able to lift 70 lbs,
be on my feet 2-4 hrs daily.

Hi. It is now my 4th week since having a silver bunionectomy. I was told I would be walking after two weeks and now in my 4th week I am still hobbling on my heel and the swelling doesnt seem to be getting any better. None of my toes touch the ground. Is this normal? I was more active with the bunion than without it!

Hey, so basically this  Silver bunionectomy typically involves removal of the bony prominence, right? I am asking this because I am about to have this surgery as well for a couple of days, 6 to be exact and I have to say that I am a little bit scared. I am seeking for every possible information on how to deal with it. I was wondering, after the surgery, will doctor prescribe some bunionette pain relief medication for me, because I have heard that this pain after the surgery can be really bad and that is why I am a little bit scared, honestly... 

What's a silver bunionectomy?

I had a bilateral bunionectomy and the doctor used two surgical screws in both toes. I can't believe you're still on crutches after four weeks -- I was hoping to be walking 2-3 weeks post-op!

Are you doing the whole "ice and elevation" bit?

I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow so I'll ask for you!

Hi, I had a triangulated bunionectomy 3 weeks ago. The swelling seem sto be going down, but I too, hobble on my heel and will not fit into tennis shoes yet. The doctor says I can be back in normal tennis shoes and put full weight on it, but it still does not feel right, so I am compensating by putting more weight on my right foot and maybe left heel and hip. It has been more than two years since everyone's last comment on this blog and I would like to know, in Jan. 2008, how everyone's healing process is going. I am a dancer and hope to be back in my dancing shoes in at least 6 months. I am optimistic! I will take the screw out in three months.