I suffer from muscle tension and it seems it has become chronic. Do you know some special techniques or some exercises that could help in relieving muscle tension? I usually have muscle tension in my neck but also arms and shoulders and it has become very difficult for me to get up in mornings and get ready for the job.

Yes there are exercises but I have one habit that I believe it helps me with my muscle tension- I stretch my muscles the first thing in the morning and take a shower and this shower is perfect for muscle tension but avoid shower massagers and if you have your muscle stretched than you reduce the possibility of injuring them you could significantly reduce the chance for getting muscle tension. And as for the exercises you should go to some physical therapist and get some good advice of the neck and arm stretching exercises that would fit your condition.