Heeeey :)) How have you been? I wish you all happy holidays and I wish a year full of tail wagging for your dogs. I am having some minor problems with my dogs. They seem to disagree when it comes to their food choice. I usually buy dry food for them and then I cook something for them, usually some bones, and I put dry food in it. Since I’m cooking for all of them, and I really have no intention to cook for every one of them individually, I was hoping you will help me to decide which is the best quality dry food for all of them.

Heyyyyy :)

Dry good is good option sometimes – but not all the time. But when you are choosing dry food you need to make sure that this food is high quality food. There is a number of high – quality foods but I would suggest something that is the best on the market – Orijen dog doo.

It is not expensive.

This food is grain – free dog food that earns nothing but highest ratings. It has boneless chicken, chicken meal, chicken liver, whole herring and boneless turkey, with fresh fruits and vegetables and whole eggs.

But please don’t feed your dog just with dry food. Add some water in it.

Hello there.

I hope that you are fine.

I have a few suggestions. Canidae features dry pet food is made from salmon, duck, lamb, and bison. It also contains amazing mixture of probiotics, antioxidants and those healthy omega oils for dog’s optimal health and nutrition. Taste of Wild is also good rated. It is high quality product and it is safe for your dog.

I would suggest you to avoid Nutro food. A lot of owners are fascinated with it, but I am not. I think that this food cannot offer your dog everything that he needs. And it is not rated that good as well.

Hey people.
I was feeding my dogs with dry food. But I have to tell you that I am not satisfied with it.
I have a question for you…Why dry food? It is not good thing to feed your dog with dry food all the time.
I know, I am telling you from my own experience. I agree with posts up there, those are really amazing products but dry food can cause some bad health issues for your dog. There is no water in this food. That is why I think that it is not good. For a couple of days – maybe, but all the time – no!

OK, now I really can’t get all of this :)

Is dry food good for dogs or not? :) I am a new dog owner and I was thinning to mix dry and wet food. About dry food, I bought recently Best Breed dog food.

Boy from the pet shop told me that I should try it because it has all those ingredient that one dog needs. Also he told me that I should put some water in it because dry food can lead to dehydration.

Now I am reading all your comments and I am not sure which food is the best to use. :)

Hello. Millie, it is OK to use dry dog food especially if you are mixing it with water. This brand is pretty good. As far as I know it has good ingredients, it has pretty much everything that your dog needs so there is no need for some supplements. Like with the wet food it is very important to read the label and see what ingredients are in this food. But anyway, Dalmatian lover I would suggest you to continue cook for them. I am cooking for my little buddy for a years now and I would not change it. At all.

Hello there. Here is my list of top ten food brands, I don’t know if all of them are available on the same market though. I travel a lot and here is what I have tried and have found excellent so far:

• American Natural Premium (Dry)  
  • Artemis Fresh Mix (Dry)  
  • Best Breed Grain Free (Dry) 
  • Breeder’s Choice Active Care Healthy Joint (Dry) 
  • Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient (Dry)  
  • Dog for Dog Dogsfood (Dry)  
  • Dynamite Dog Food (Dry) 
  • Castor and Pollux Natural Ultramix Grain-Free (Dry) 
  • Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural (Dry) 
  • Canine Caviar Grain Free Limited Ingredient (Dry) 
  • FirstMate Grain-Free Limited Ingredient Diets (Dry) 

Wow that’s a long list Mia. I thought I had tried almost every food brand on the market until I saw your list. I literally haven’t tried  90 % of the food from your list. The only food brand I tried from this list is “Castor and Pollux Natural Ultramix Grain-Free (Dry)” and I must say my dogs weren’t really crazy for it.

Thank you for your answer, and for all the other answers, thank you guys.

I don’t give only dry food to my dogs, like I said in the first post I usually cook bones and then I add kibble in the water that’s left.

I like Dynamite Dog Food but in this pet shop where I buy it, it is much more expensive than all the other food brands. I believe the price is reasonable when you consider the quality you’re getting, but then again, when you have a dog, there are so many expenses, that you want to cut them down to minimum. And by that I don’t mean buying your dog some poor quality food to eat, but just some regular quality food that won’t leave you with empty wallet. I believe that there are many cheaper alternatives with almost the same quality.

I really don’t care for the money. It’s not that I have it a lot (cause I don’t) , but I manage to organize it well and I also have a husband who knows how to manage our financial situation and knows or priorities.
My dog ( actually our dog, I don’t know why I consider it my dog, Mike bought it, but somehow I ended up taking care of him) is definitely very high on our priority list and we want only the best for him.
We used American natural premium before, but now we’ve switched to Dynamite Dog Food and I think it is worth every penny.