I had NovaSure surgery (endometrial ablation) about a year ago, and ever since then I have had a very embarrassing problem with vaginal flatulance. I don't know when it's going to happen and it's quite loud. I spoke to my doctor, but she doesn't have any suggestions.

I had an ultrasound done on my uterous and surrounding organs, but that turned out to be fine.

I've read numerous postings about flatulance after sex, and that I agree is normal. But this is not assiciated with sex at all. I can just be standing there talking to someone and it happens. I can't tell you how embarrassing this is and I need help badly!!!

I had ablation surgery about a year and a half ago, and didn't have any periods. I recently had rough sex and now I have started to spot bleed. Is it normal to start having a period after not having one for so long? Also, could the sexual intercourse have anything to do with it?

I had an ablation exactly a year ago, and I have spotting and then develop a light, brief period every time I have sex or even spot withj "solo sex" with or without my vibrator. My uterus always contracted with orgasm and still does (thought this was normal), and I haven't noticed a difference in quality, but I didn't know this ablation procedure was going to lead to spotting/bleeding with every orgasm. I thought the procedure lead to no lining left in the uterus--thus, little or no period. What's the truth here? Did you speak with our doctor?
On the flatulence thing, it's happened to me a couple of times, but nothing major.

Kat,

I just had my procedure 2 weeks ago and just had sex with my husband. At first there was a clear discharge, then pink and now red. Is this normal? Are you still having that problem? The doctor told me I only needed to wait 2 weeks. I thought I was doing everything right...ugh!

I'm a 44 year old female. Today the doctor recommended this procedure for me after experiencing a 30 day full flow period.

I'm curious if those of you who have had this done would do it over again ?

Why or why not???

Kim

For the pass year I have been having a full period (with Clots) for about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks out of a month. My Dr. suggested Birth Control pills to try to regulate it, but that only lasted 2 months before the clots started. Now he is suggesting that I have the Ablation & D & C procedure done in 2 weeks. I am concern about this, because I want to know what the outcome will be.

i am thinking of having an ablation. I have read a lot of things about it but this is the only place that mentions vaginal flatulence. Is this something common? What other uncomfortable things have you had to deal with post op?

I just had the Novasure last Friday, 2/20. My bleeding is light so I wear a pantyliner. My issue is gas/bloating. But first let me say I am a gassy woman! I take products normally to lessen my gas. The bloating is starting right under my rib cage and is a bit uncomfortable, but if this works than halleluhia!

My doctor told me no sex for 4 weeks. And I'm going to follow every word, much to husband's dismay. I also took a bath tonight; no one told me I couldn't.

J

I had my novasure ablation on the 19th. No problems with pain or anything until the 3rd day in i had major uterus spasms. These went on non stop for days. It is now the 1st of March and my clothes are to tight due to bloated swelling and I am still very tender in my lower stomach. The Dr. thinks its all normal as long as there is no heavy bleeding or fever. Well what happened to being back to normal activities in 2 days?? I would take it back if I could and just have the hysterectomy this summer. I go in for my follow up on Wed.

Can any of you tell me what pre tests you had done?

I had the ablation done in Jan. 09. I had a CBC and BMP done (I think) nothing major. I had a little cramping for a few days, also had a discharge for 2 1/2 maybe 3 weeks. I am excited to say, I have not had anything since. My only concern is the weight gain/bloating. I am normally 130-134, the past few weeks or so I have noticed tightness in my fingers, bloating (almost a pregnant look), oh and the gas, not to mention the scale!! I didn't think about it being a post surgery thing until I started researching a little more. I am going to call my doctor on Monday and see what he says. I'm sure he will tell me to exercise! >:( Which I know I need to do! Anybody get anything out of the doctor that could help?

I had my Ablation done in 2005 and was told I would have little or no period. My period use to last for a week real heavy to the point I wore super plus tampons and a super maxi pad at the same time and changed frequently. It was so bad I had anemia from it and it really hampered me from working that time of the month. I had the surgery I still have a period and it last for 3 days now and I can wear a regular or lite tampon for a regular time period. When I heard my friend had the surgery the NovaSure and she doesn't have a period at all I was like why do I still have one. Now this month my period stayed on for like 5 days and I had some spotting in between. I just wonder do I need to have this process repeated or what. I a now 35.

I had the same procedure 3 weeks ago I am still having pain in my lower stomach sometime quite strong I am still having alot of discharge and am still not feeling very well so I have to agree that back to normal in two day is bull. Also the day of the procedure I had severe pain and vomiting for the entire day it was a very unpleasant experience and I would not do it over I would have a hysterectomy instead and top it all off my follow up with my doctor is only in 4 months imagine.......

I too had the Novasure on june 2, 2009. Opted for spinal anes due to my weight 250 pounds, sleep apnea and heart probs; and researched what I thought was best doctors here in Charlotte. Went to a female gyn who suggested hysterectomy(she'd had one and showed me her scar) said it was the best thing she'd ever done. I wasn't convinced since I wasn't bleeding heavy but the pain each period and other times during the month made me so nauseaus and sick it was like I was in labor all the time. She puts me on birth control pills until I have a chance to line up my insurance and decide what I wanted to do. Based on the ultasound which had two pea and almond sized fibroids in the wall of uterus, and the severe pain she thought i had adenomyosis and suggested hyterectomy. She said an mri could tell us for sure it was adenomyosis, but based on her experience she was pretty sure it was and didn't think the ablation would be good for me.
Sooo I went to another ob this time a man, who was a very reputable experienced with Novasure; and he said- oh sure you are a good candidate, and we did it. I was told oh, it's a peice of cake, you'll be back to work in three days, blah,blah. I begged for more time off but NOOOO! Now i'm in worse pain than before procedure, and today he looks flabbergasted. I don;t have infection;the only thing he can see is I'm having pain from the manipulation of the surgery. The darvocet which I took around the clock the first 4 days kept me so numb I didn't feel it; when I stopped I realized aI was constipated , bloated and in a LOT OF PAIN. I asked today-could I get an MRI to see why so much pain; he wnats to wait and see! It feels like a herd of horses ran over my uterus and it's just hanging in by a thread. I'm starting to think I should have gone with door number one.
Apparently Im one of the 5% of women who have pain and complications afterwards ; just my luck. I was feeling so good the first few days; listening to him trying to be up and about too soon; now I have what the old folks call a"setback". More pain than before. Now my mom has gone back to Chicago; and I was up entertaining her last week; and I have no help. Just rember despite what they tell you IT HURTs and ITS STILL SURGERY- they are in there scraping, moving , shoving stuff around and you need to be off your feet for a minimum of 4 days in my opinion ; not trying to get back to business as usual. Now I'll likely have to still have the hysterectomy- More money! :-(

XD Hi...tommorrow I'm having the endometrial ablation surgury...I had the 2 injections..1 in april the other in may...I had a 3 day lite period 8 days after the 1st needle and nothing since...10 days after the 1st needle was change of life....sweats that come at 1am.-5am..off and on in the early morning...nausa...hate feeling that..ginger tea or ginger helps that...it's under control...gatorade 30 calories eltroyltyes...helps the sweats...now the tests I had were last wed..1 wk. before surgury I had blood..urine and EKG...checks the history of my heart...now I start fasting tonite and go in for 7am...surgury is at 10:10am...they say I should be home by 1pm.I'm looking forward to this as I'm 50 and had my periods since I was 7yrs...enought I say....Hope this helps...after the operation I'll let yu know how am feeling....thanks...wish me luck...Tracie