I am 42 and have had menorrhagia for over a year. I have been offered endometrial ablation using the novasure high frequency radio waves technique. At first I thought - great! It seemed like a one stop shop to solve my problems and I am awaiting my surgery date. However, wisely or not, I have done a bit of research and have now gathered several concerns about the procedure. There doesn't seem to be any reliable, objective information and I don't know how representative comments on forums are, as we all like to talk about the bad stuff more than the good. I would really appreciate the views and experiences of anyone who has had the procedure done. Good or bad. My concerns are: perforation risk; weight gain and bloating; problems whereby the walls of the uterus adher to themselves after the op, sealing the cervix and leading to a build up of endometrium within the womb that causes pain and infection risk. I don't know whether I am blowing these concerns out of proportion...

Hi I am 48 with fibroids and now on my 18th day recovery.  I have had minimal symptoms which I put down to lots of rest the first week as too much activity increased the discharge and cramps.  I have done the full range of discharge described which has been minimal compared to the constant on/off bleeding I experienced before. Only the watery pink/brown one was annoying as it was a bit like a flooding feeling but I still only needed to use a normal panty liner which I changed regularily.  Now i'm on the yellow discharge which again is minimal and I believe can last up to 6 weeks. The bloating however I did find a problem as I went up a dress size and had nothing to wear! It has been up  and down till this day and i've lived in jog pants as they are more comfortable and treated myself to 1 pair of jeans with stomach support so I feel better.  It has decreased slightly this week but I guess until fully healed may persist also due to the fibroids. And I have skipped one period so far.  I hope this helps

I have had the ablation recommended to me for anemia due to menorrhagia. I have read so many bad reviews that I would prefer to get monthly Iron infusions and want a hysterectomy. It is becoming apparent to me that insurance companies are selling the Ablation because it is cheaper than hysterectomies. I wonder what you found out and if you chose to get the ablation?