ive been diagnosed with having a abcess on my right tonsil.i have no idea how ive got it either.
last night i coughed a bit too hard and it felt like a piece of the back of my throad detatched itself and now its just loose at the back of my throat.it hasent split off or anything like that,just feels like a piece of exess skin just hanging there.any ideas?? help me!!

So it has been a year now, What was the solution to your throat problem?

The same thing just happened to my Husband. Feels like loose skin hanging in the back of his throat.  Can you please tell me what your solution was, and what did you do?

Hi there,
This is very interesting. Have you had any problems with your tonsils before this happened? After the diagnosis did your doctor suggested any treatment methods? I know if you have abscess on your tonsils you usually go for surgery to remove this abscess. The fact is that these things can get easily infected and they can cause you many troubles. Have you been using any mouth wash during this period? I know that mouthwash sometimes can help with these things but in many cases they are not that helpful. You should see a doctor and see what damage you have in your throat right now. You might need a surgery after all.
All the best,
Danella