Hi, I have been having problems with mucus in my throat for some time now. It is making me cough it up every minute. Usually it is clear but sometimes throat mucus is mixed with the blood. I also have a problem with stomach acid. Maybe these two are connected. I did not see a doctor yet. What can you tell me about this condition?

Hi, judging from what you have told me, you are probably facing an acid reflux disease. That is why your throat is full of mucus. Usually, a drug zantac is prescribed for this condition. However, beside reflux, there are also some other things that can cause throat mucus. Respiratory infections are among them especially of the nose and sinuses. Throat mucus can also be caused by hypopharynx tumor. I do not want to scare you, but this tumor can be silent for some time. That is why you must see a doctor. He will, most likely, order a full exam of your throat, nose and sinuses. Do not be afraid, but responsible for your health and do as I have advised you.