In 2010 I had a respiratory infection that wouldn't go away. I had 3 rounds of antibiotics and steroids. I forgot and didn't take probiotics. I did get better but developed a horrible gagging throat mucus and extreme fatigue. I went to a pulmonologist who misdiagnosed me with asthma...more antibiotics and steroids.  I did not get better and was missing time from work.  I found an integrative holistic doctor who tested me for yeast-I do have yeast and adrenal gland fatigue.  I had been taking Tramadol from another dr to relax my throat and give me enough energy to work.  The deal was I would retire a year early so I could work on my health.  I retired July 31 and I am now starting to wean from the Tramadol after 3 years.  Also very important is staying on a gluten free diet, free from sugar, wheat, dairy.  I am really upset about the Tramadol as by now it is more psychological but I know I have to do this and hope with the gluten free I will start to get better.

I am still struggling with the situation of mucus and weaning off Tramadol.  My new pulmonolgist thinks I may have chronic bronchitis, all I know is that this started after 3 rounds of antibiotics and steroids-I had to take the Tramadol to work, then had to retire one year early to get off the Tramadol.  I'm eating gluten free which helps and taking alot of probiotics.  One Day At A Time is all I can say.....