I have been having a pain in my throat for 2 months i have been to my doctor 3 times & 1 time to emergency the first time doctor said i had streep throat and gave me treatment well that didn't work i felt the same i went back and they found nothing they gave me allergy pills and Ibuprofen for paint....that didin't work, one week later i went to emergency i was in paint and they found nothing again i was giving more allergy pills and Ibuprofen....and they told me to go see a throat speciallist.....i went back to my doctor they did a test with a long Q-tip and sent it to the lab came negative....i asked for a referral to the throat doctor...i went he just put me in to antibiatic and he said if it does not go away then morelikly its cancer.....i have an appoitment in 2 weeks to follow up.....

The doctor has told you that if antibiotics don't help, than it's probably cancer? You haven got your tonsils taken out, or you have? Because I have been having throat infections over and over for like every two-three months for over a year now and antibiotics do take the worst part of it, but it always comes back because the bacteria that is causing the infection has gotten stuck in the tonsil tissue. But tonsils - to state the obvious again - can be removed completely. How old are you? Do you smoke?

Its been about 5 years I last smoked. I'm 41 You think it might be my tonsils? Know i got this real ugly cough it does not go away i tried everything....i have an appointment on monday the ENT Doctor....and see what they say. 

Now I saw the part I completely skipped the last time - they gave you pills for allergy two times. And swelling of the throat definitely is one of the most common signs of allergy, usually the ones to some kinds of food (walnuts, for example). IS it the dry cough or is there a mucus?

what was this finally?

what was the final diagnosis? I to have had a sore throat for 2 months. My throat looks red. I do not any signs of a cold. My insurance kicks in the 1st of June 2014 this will be my first trip to the doctor.

First thought was if it wasn't still strep then allergies. That happened to me I never had allergies b4 just developed them in later age. What about (just saying) an std? I hope it's not cancer:(