Gel makes them itch also I swapped to Gel when my itch started

If they file your nails down real thin the acrylic will make it itchy or burn also real sore.

Thank you for your informed response. This is very helpful; I too, had been getting acrylics for years; then, I ended with a nail infection and a reaction to the acrylics. I even tried the gel, and, after a while, that too caused discomfort. I am trying to do my own nails, but, am ending up with the same results. I am willing to pay for the upscale quality, but, I need to know what to look for as far as in the product will need to use. You have been very helpful, thank you...Take good care..

I have the same situation. I have been doing them for years with no problem and all the sudden, bam, they start getting red and itchy like crazy and cracking skin around the nail..you're body can be exposed to the acrylic/chemical/glue for so long that it finally says enough is enough..id say you're allergic:/

It's not over exposure if it happens the first time!!

sh*t I thought it was just me this never used to happen so I switched to gel & it started doing the same thing...

I have been getting acrylic refills for 30 years. This week I had severe itching & burning for three days on a few cuticles. Now, after a week, one cuticle is still very sore and a little separated from the nail. Because of getting a pedicure immediately after the refill, I did not go under the UV light. I applied Neosporin and have been spraying peroxide on the separated cuticle. I think it might be the primer.

I bought the kiss acrylic nail kit did my nails day one it was OK day two 2 of my fingers started to burn and itch had blisters all over my fingers n now thanks to that company I have a second dagree cemical burn on 2 of my fingers lost all feeling in the tips of my fingers iv used before never had this problem I'm missing a big chunk off the tip of 9ne of my fingers n it just keeps getting worse

Do you still get your nails done? I'm having the same reaction now too and have been going for 15 years without anything like this happening before. Did you find a solution?

I agree it's got to be the light box! I bought an LED light so I could do my own nails and the past several months I've been doing them, my fingers around my nails are blistered and itch so bad for the first few days! Every time I've gotten them done at salons they use the UV lights and I never had this issue with them! I would never recommended the LED's I think they are way stronger!

I agree with you' I am certain it's the UV light. Had my nails done 2 days ago and the itching around my fingers is driving me crazy! I wake up in the night itching them.. It will wear off in a few days. It's been happening for around 2 years now and seems to be getting worse!

Did it work ?

I have had the same thing happen to me my fingers are red swollen and hurts after I get my nails done also begin to break out with dumps all over my fingers I also use gel and the UV light

Did you ever find something that worked for you. I got that horrible itch n only tried on to see color and then wiped it off. Next day burning itching never painted them though

This happens to me every time! I can't get gel nails because they fall off so I endure the itch and soreness for about 2 days and then then it's gone. I've had my nails done for about 15 years and this just started about 2 years ago. I can't go without nails because mine are so thin and they split and bleed. I use a hydrcortazone cream which helps and ice relieves the itch.