its an allergice reaction to the acrylic, ive just had mine done and im having to have them removed tomorrow as my fingers are red raw and itchy :( ive been having acrylics for 2 years now and never had this. Allergic reactions can occur at any time. Advice would be to remove the nails and use a moisturisor to help with itching. Either that or book a doc appointment and get a steroid cream which i have to help heal skin

yes I am having the same experience I have be doing it for years too. but I do get the acrylic. So if you can explain maybe it something that they are using?

I started using the gel top coat it's a Grey and blue bottle I think that's what has been causing my itching and dry broken cuticles..what I need to KNOW WHAT HELPS TO CURE IT????? Someone please tell me!!

I have experienced this exact same things. I've had my nails done for several years and no problems but all of a sudden several hours after a manicure and I'm itching like crazy. No rash, no bumps, not even red. I use the LED light and it does it with bith led and uv.

I lost all my fingernails when I eventually took the acrylic nails off, I went to the doctor he said it was eczema which he gave me cream for which I felt did help a little then I was told it was fungal nail which I took tablets for 3mths then I had another 3mths just to make sure it had gone. I've now been to have my nails done at a lovely clean salon after 18mths and bingo it's started again 3 of my nails are cracked bleeding and very sore... The itching was horrendous so I'm so glad I've found that I'm not alone

Its not dryness believe me! I had acrylic nails for over 20 yrs. no problems, then when I got pregnant my body's immune system rejected the nails and they literally popped off! I lad off them for many years. I started back up again and after about a year developed the intense itch around my cuticles and just below my nils on my fingers. It was almost unbearable, it caused the protective skin behind my nail to disinegrate literally opening me up to all kinds of nail infections. I thought it was the glue. I get the same reaction when I use super glue sometimes. I backed The itch is unbearable! Benadryl cream or tablets do not help the itch turns to tiny blisters which pop open, and last for weeks. This last time i went two weeks ago the skin behind my nails just dried right up and I got the blisters, same result with gel nails. I guess I just cannot wear them anymore period! my body is obviously telling me something!

hi I don't think it's acrylic the is causing that. up until a few months ago I was fine. But I have all the same symptoms although, they are getting worse my hand seems to be worse thay the other. And my skin around the nail seems to be swollen and one finet has a water blister.....I usually do my nails in shellac and thought it was maybe a product t I was using. However last night I painted all my colour wheels and it happened. I have ruled out acetone and the curing lamp. If anymanyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

I am a beauty therapist, I have been doing shellac on my self for the past 4 years then last Feb my fingers started to swell up with blisters, heat very itchy, went to bed with a wet towel over my hands a lot of nights. I went to a dermatologist and got a patch test done of 62 different chemical. I built up a reaction to an ingredient called ACRYLATE which is a bonding agent that sticks the gel to the nail. Found in most gel polishes. I had to be put on an oral steriod.  Since stopping the shellac my hands are almost perfect. I still use shellac on my clients but use heavy duty gloves!!

Hope this Helps! X

I did try the silk wrap on my nails the last fill I had & still had the Itchiness after not as bad. I have been going to the same Salon for bout 3 years & about 6-8 fills ago developed the Itchiness to my fingers-so my Nail tech is well aware of my problem & we have been doing process of elimination with certain chemicals & products that are used at the Salon, but No relief. Yesterday I was in need of a pink & white fill & decided to try another Salon & still No relief.

Should I get them taken off if I feel itchy as I heard my nail can lift from its plate ? I don't want them off as I just paid for them but if I should I will , thanks.

Same thing happened to me and d they are itching right now about thought was a fungus because it Was itchy and had bumps around the cuticle but when I went to the doctor He said it wasn't and that I should think about stopping because it was killing my nail bed!!!!!naturally I thought it was stupid and I asked him for fungus medicine which she gave me and it worked . I just got my nails done 2 days ago and they are itchy again and I got it at a different place and brand new place that is very clean and everybody seems recommended so I don't think it was a fungus anymore maybe my doctor wasn't crazy but I'm not ready to give up or believe that yet I don't do it acrylic nails done a lot but I used to so it is possible that maybe I developed an allergic reaction to something do you think its possible if I started to use gel or some other is there anything else that I would be able to use that comes to mind because I am in cosmetology school and I really need to be able to have nice looking hands and I don't grow my nails out very well naturally plus I love getting my nails done

I had similar happen. Twice. But I lost all the skin off my finger tips over couple weeks. Itched like mad & tiny red bumps under the skin.

If you have gone to one of these salons, is there a way to remedy the pain felt afterward?

I had this same problem, and It is contact dermatitis, I went to a dermatologist and he prescribed allergy pills and a cream. And is true what some people said here, it doesn't just happened, it will be after a long use of nails that you will develop the condition. I had both acrylic and gel and difs salon, same reaction, and it was after doing my nails for over 3 yrs before this happened. I did try getting them done again since this was like 10 yrs ago and I had the same reaction, so I guess once your are allergic to something it will not just go away.

I think your issue might be in the liqued that is being used to apply the acrylic. I had same issue as you and I have been trying everything out and even doing my nails without primer, changed to gel nail and other ones they were offering, and I still had a reaction to that, so i think its the liqued.