About two or three years ago I noticed a lump under the skin on the shaft of my penis.  It was not discolored in any way, and was almost invisible except for the fact that i could feel it under the skin. I thought it was an ingrown hair, so I tried to pop it. It never popped, but three little holes around it expelled a tiny amount of discharge, similar to a whitehead. The only difference was that it smelled fishy. It has not grown or spread at all, and, if anything, has gotten smaller. I have no idea what this is since I have no other symptoms at all.  I have checked around and I cannot find an STD that has this symptom. If somebody has any info that will save me an embarrassing doc visit, please let me know. I am sexually active, yet no of my partners have said anything to me about any symptoms themselves... Is this some sort of STD or a benign pore problem? Please let me know... I do not want to give anybody anything...

Always have safe sex. If it has been there for over a year then more than likely it is not an ingrown hair. There is no way to tell for sure if it is or isnt a std without getting checked by the doctor. But it also could be your pores.

I do use condoms, but I know they are not 100 % reliable...