I need a new fork for my bike. I don’t know what material is the most appropriate for this part of bike. Is there anything better that I should buy? I hope this won’t get rusty soon, because I cycle during the rain very often. I also want to know whether there is compatibility issue for frames and forks. Thanks in advance.

I know that forks are made of various materials such as titanium, carbon fiber, steel and similar. The main fact is that it should be as light as possible. I guess that you can buy a chrome fork, because I remember reading somewhere that chrome is a very endurable material. As for the compatibility with the frame, I think that you’ll have to check that with the shop that will install the fork and service your bike. I know for sure that chrome won’t get rusty and you’ll, of course, be able to ride it in the rain. I guess that it’s not as light as a titanium fork, but I don’t think it’s too heavy either.