I started to exercise and eat healthy food last few months. I also started with weight lifting, and I learn a lot about food ingredients. I found out proteins are important in our organism. That is why I would like to hear more about proteins. Can you tell me how much protein is too much, and is it possible that someone eat too much protein?

The body consumes significant amounts of protein from muscles but it normally does not consume a lot of it. During normal exercise, you use protein about 10% of the energy requirements. Most of the energy comes from carbohydrates and a fat, so being involved in exercise, does not mean you should eat more protein. It means that you should eat more carbohydrates, such as cereals and grains are. It should be done in order to keep your body from breaking down protein for energy. Eating excessive protein is bad for the kidneys, liver, bones, cardiovascular system, and it could promote vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Too much protein causes dehydration and is linked to osteoporosis, hypertension, and some forms of cancer. Too much protein is a bad thing, because proteins have nitrogen in them. That is why their breakdown in the liver creates ammonia, which is toxic. Too much protein intake can also make your blood acidic, so despite popular belief, eating more protein will not help you make bigger muscles.