I am 18 years old man and I am tin and tall. I want to change it at least a little bit, how much I could. My mother went to aerobic, and pushing me to do the same. I do not want it, since I know my muscles will go away with this kind of exercise. She claim that is not true and I should do something to make my muscle grow. I want to hear something about it.

First, I have to tell you it is a scientifically proven fact that muscle proteins are broken down and used for energy during aerobic exercise. Definitely, that will not make you lose you muscle, even you might get more. Anyway, I have to admit aerobic is not the best way for muscle growth, although it is healthy. If you want to get muscles, first thing you have to do is stop losing muscle tissue. This is happening if you are not taking enough food, especially proteins and carbohydrates. Those who eat less thinking that they will lose fat may actually end up losing precious muscle, so you have to prevent this. Remember that you lose muscles more by not eating enough food, than by cardiovascular training such as aerobic. A combination of weight training and cardiovascular training along with eating enough can help to provoke muscle growth. Remember if your aim is to gain muscle you should include some cardiovascular training in your schedule, but weight lifting will help you the most. Aerobics are the supporters in the overall muscle building process and are normally not responsible for muscle loss.