Hello everyone, Advice awry and on the mark. Today was my visit to pick up my Hba1c score. I'm at 7.1 and I was thinking that was really good but my doctor didn't think so. He says I should be around a 6. I thought you should strive for 7 and below and as a diabetic that would be all you could reasonably achieve. Is my thinking wrong here? I've never been down to a 6 or a 6.5 for that matter. Is that where I really need to be? If so, I really need to make some changes. Anyone have any idea. Thanks.

Hi, I've always heard that at a 7 or below was excellent after all I think 6 is normal for a nondiabetic. Maybe your doctor is being to hard on you or perhaps he/she just had a bad day. My Hba1c sore has been around 7.2 for a long and I've been happy about that and my doctor hasn't said anything negative about it. I do need to lose some weight though. In fact, about 25 pounds. Recently, I bought a bicycle and I've been riding that 3 times a week for an hour at a time. I've lost a couple of pounds but I think that's because I cut back on my carb intake. I am trying to get to 6.5. I don't know if I can make it but I'm really trying. I'm curious as to what your highs and lows are throughout the week. My do vary considerably with the weekends being the most erratic. I give myself permission to screw up on the weekends. I guess if you really want to get the best Hba1c score you would have to come down somewhere between 6 and 6.5 if you can. I don't know what your diet is like but maybe you could cut back on a few carbs.