My 3.5 half year old has been coughing since after spring- we coughy awful respiratory viruses and the lingering cough has not subsided for him. Drs said Joan lungs are clear but his chest rattles and he brings up mucus- I remember when it started to happen as if something was caught inside. It's so concerning.

My 3.5 half year old has been coughing since after spring- we caught an awful respiratory viruses and the lingering cough has not subsided for him. Drs said his lungs are clear but his chest rattles and he brings up mucus- I remember when it started to happen as if something was caught inside. It's so concerning.

My 3 year old has had a cough for almost 6 months. Only at night and everything has been ruled out by General Practioner and homeopath-

May be a late post, but you're disgusting to turn to drugs for your child. What is wrong with this worthless country thinking money drugs are good for you, let alone your children. Absolutely pathetic to fall for this scam of getting your child addicticted to drugs for their entire life rather than finding the underlying problem. Drugs don't cure you, they mask the symptoms, wake up people.

Hi I have similar issues what helps is to sleep elavated and have him sleep on his side this position allows the body to breath better when there is restricted flow. Singular or zytec at nite and you can stagger one nite one and anothee nite the other until you find the right combination. Hope this helps

The same works for my 4 year old. He has has asthma since he was about 2. Coughing fits got worse since he started preschool because he's always sick. At night he can't sleep because of the congestion, post nasal drip, and asthma. He throws up, gags, coughs uncontrollably, everything that keeps me up all night. Once I give him ibuprofen, he's able to breathe, coughing stops, and he cam sleep. It's almost instant. I don't known if it is simply the anti inflammatory agent that allowsbhis body to rest of if itfs some other factor that I can't see.

Have you done with Chest X-ray it will tell you about the Asthama and puffy eyes could be the reasons but take second opinion for this and inhaler is only a solution but In my view is this is not the family history then he should be fine within next two three years by the grace of Allah

My son is now 3 and has literally been coughing for almost a year and a half straight.

Look up the term “sick house” people and you will likely realize you’re living in one.

We cant afford anywhere else to live right now and we also cant afford someone to come and clean out the vents, NOR can we open the windows in this pos house because the previous owners nailed them down for some reason.

This house is killing us and has likely ruined our sons health for the rest of his life.

ITS YOUR HOUSE PEOPLE, NOT ANYTHING ELSE. ITS THE ATMOSPHERE AND QUALITY OF AIR. I suspected this during dec 2017 and bought a fairly expensive air purifier and it actually help d a lot...even bf and i felt better.

Son coughs when the heat comes on and i dread summer because the ac unit is a pos wall unit that is difficult to clean. We’re trying to save money to leave this place.

By something in the house i mean mold,

Did you find out what the problem was? Hope you don’t mind just looking for answers for my daughter in same situation xx

My 2 year old son coughed only at night during the months of January and February. His Doctor believed it could be allergies or maybe even asthma. Well we finally identified that when the heater (central unit) kicked in at night is when he started to cough really bad non stop. In March we had several warm days so the air conditioner kicked in and it seemed his cough had stopped. Then a couple of days later it got cold again and my husband programmed the heater to turn on at night from the app on his cell phone. Ten minutes after the heater kicked in he started coughing all night. This is when we realized the heat was causing him to cough. Fortunately we have had warmer weather and we have only been using the AC and my son has not coughed since. I hope my experience can help many others.