My toes cramp for no apparent reason and I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent them from cramping. Is there a particular nutrient that I may be lacking?

My toes cramp, even when I've been doing nothing significant. Sometimes this happens while I'm sitting down with my feet out on a recliner. Sometimes it happens when I'm in bed just laying there. It happens suddenly and for no apparent reason. The only remedy appears to be getting up and walking around. It often comes right back, however. Sometimes it's in only one foot. Sometimes its in both feet at once. I'm thinking that since I sometimes go all day at work without drinking anything, or only drink pop, that it could be from dehydration. Does anyone know what causes these toe cramps?Code:

I have had the problem for years. It was suggested to me that taking potassium would help, and it has.

Another thing you can do, and what worked for me, was to insert arch supports in my shoes. Seems my cramping was related to arch stress. Doing much, much better now. But you have to get the right ones! I use "Walk Fits." They are cheap, about $35 a pair.