Is this because of the shoes I'm wearing or just from me adding miles with longer runs? It gets blacker and blacker every run.

Are the shoes too tight Allison? I think its common for runners to get these (although I haven't) What kind of shoes are you wearing now?

Shoes are probably too small or the toe box on your current pair is too small. I've only lost one toenail so far and it really didn't hurt.

I'm wearing Asics. My usual size. I've got about 150 miles in them now. My last pair were the same size but felt roomier. It doesn't hurt much just feels weird.

Same style or new style?

You should have about a thumbnail's length between the end of your longest toe and the end of the shoe.
But don't worrry if it falls off... they grow back.

Same style or new style?
New style.

Funny thing is it's not my longest toe! :shrug:

If it does fall off, will you be making it available on Ebay?

Yeah, that happens. The next time you run, pay very close attention to what your toes are doing in the shoes. It could be that on your longer runs, when you get tired, you're banging the toe up against the top of the toebox.
I know people who scrunch their toes when running and get blisters on the tip of their toes. :shrug:

I know people who scrunch their toes when running and get blisters on the tip of their toes. :shrug: I do that! I don't know why...but usually only when I'm really tired. I've lost a toenail that way. And currently I have 2 blisters on 2 toes from doing it.