I just had my tonsils out and the whole thing went pretty smoothly compared to what Ive been reading on the internet. I was given Lortab which is liqiuid hydrocodone. I am an 18 year old male.

Day 1-2: I felt like tired and dazed. My throat wasnt bothering me too much. I ate lots of applesauce (soft, soothing, nice temp, A MUST HAVE) popsicles, chicken noodle soup, macaroni, and drank chilled water (not ice water). Activities included movies, working on guitar (recommended! distracting and rewarding), and sleeping. I've seen people mention sex. I managed it on day two but wouldn't recommend it.

Day 3: This is when the real pain kicks in folks. I just curled up with my pain meds and didn't move. I couldn't really watch a movie because my eyes started burning. I woke up every few hours because my throat would get dry and hurt. I managed jello, more applesauce, and macaroni (kind of). No fans while your sleeping; they dry your throat out. Try AC. Humidifiers! Keep your throat moist. I know it sucks but keep drinking water and eating as much as u can. I lost 10 pounds and I look like those poor starving dudes from Africa. The more moist your throat is the less pain there is. Tylenol w/o alcohol is good to reduce swelling. It also helps with eating. No dairy. Protein shakes are good.

Day 4-6: I was starting to heal. I stuck to the same foods and was feeling better each day. Its still hard to eat and drink but keep trying! I managed to have sex on day five but I went noticeably down hill. Don't do it. Stick to tylenol, your pain killers, more water. All the above stuff still applies.

Day 7-8: Same stuff. Lesser extent. I'm eating raviolis with tomato sauce as im writing this. I'm completely off the pain meds. Stay hydrated.

Extra tips: No fans, no dairy if you get flemmy like I do, no hard food (obviously), humidifier, stay hydrated, keep your throat moist, protein shakes, noodles, non alcohol tylenol, no fornicating , anddd THINK SUPER POSITIVE.

MY QUESTION: Its day eight. My energy is returning to normal. Im eating soft - medium foods easily if I chew them really well and dont swallow in clumps. I have the opportunity to go to a three day music festival in 2 days for free (its weds night the festival is on friday). Do you think i could go? I realize pot smoking is probably out of the question for the first two days at least but what about vaporization? I have a little vape pipe, but im thinking cotton mouth is still an issue. BTW the festival is Reggae Rising in southern Humboldt =D.

PEACE and I hope this HELPS YOU!!!!!

HI,
For some reason, I just read this. good post. thanks. all the best.

Sorry to tell you this kid, but an "adult" is more around 30 to 50 years old.

Hi, What did you put in your protein shakes if you didn't use dairy?