Hi, I'm a 22 guy and had my surgery on March 27th 2008, so this is day four for me. So far it hasn't really been that bad, tonsillitis felt worse to me. I have been only able to eat jello, cream of chicken soup, broth and some noodles. I also have been eating snowballs(snow-cones) which has been lifesavers. I have a humidifier and a ice pack on my neck, both seem to help with pain, make sure you take your meds on time. Don't wait or your throat will hurt really bad, I am on liquid loratab and i'm still in some pain. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use Chloraseptic spray and cough drops to help with pain.

So far this has been worth it, i had chronic tonsillitis and tonsil stones and was sick for two month solid before this and the surgery wasn't that bad. I was so scared because it was my first surgery, but I went in the outpatient surgery center at 10:30 and was out by 2:30. The IV hurt more than anything. So don't freak out, it will be ok.